Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things- Tom's of Maine

They went from a tiny company to being known pretty much all over the world, and found in the common grocery store or drug store, and not just at Whole Foods or specialty natural stores.

I first got introduced to them when my sister (who was already all about natural things) urged me to stop using my deodorant and to use more natural deodorants that didn't have the aluminum. There was the Alum stick, which looks like a crystal, and once dipped in water, you can apply it to the under arm area. I didn't find it to be really effective, so I decided to try Tom's deodorant, and I was pleasantly surprised by its long lasting capabilities!

It now can be found in the common stick form, or the roll-on form. Tom's deodorant comes in various scents, and even an unscented one. I like the Lavender scent best!

I recently got introduced to Tom's of Maine Toothpaste. Admittedly, it wasn't the normal and usual minty bubbly action of the normal fluoride-filled pastes. It had more of a dry, baking soda consistency, but as I brushed, foam build-up was happening and I could feel the mint kicking in. Once I rinsed, I found my mouth to be refreshingly clean! I think it took me a few days to get used to Tom's of Maine toothpaste,  but now that I am used to it, I don't mind the texture and initial taste at all. To top it, my normally sensitive gums are actually not as sensitive.

Not bad for a natural toothpaste!
 The latest great find in the Tom's of Maine line that I have found is their Natural Beauty Bar. It's smooth and moisturizing to the skin, and feels great when showering because you get a real nice lather going. They have a few different scents like lavender and apricot.

If you haven't checked out this line of natural toiletry and body products, you have to try them out. You can find them at most retail, grocery, and drug stores.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If approved by our administrator, your comment will be posted.

Search This Blog